2001 GMC C1500 trouble with my transmission

170 MILES
Avatar
TRCBTLR42
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I can give my truck gas and it takes of good if I get behind someone that slows me down I can't regain my speed but if I pull over stop it will take off just fine again. Me being a woman the shops I've been to told me different things Could it be the torque converter?
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Avatar
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 110,244 POSTS
Torque converter? Chances are no. However, when this happens, does the engine rev and the vehicle not pick up speed? Has fuel pump pressure been checked? Has the check engine light come on?
Aug 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle