Problem when driving in snow

2008 FORD MUSTANG
6 CYL • 2WD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
TOMINKC
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I have a 2008 Ford Mustang V6. I'm having trouble with my engine missing and kicking when I drive in falling snow. The engine light and a wrench light comes on than the engine RPM's start jumping around. I can drive in rain, snow on the road and ice, and not have a problem. But let me drive while the snow is falling, it runs like crap. It can just start snowing and no snow on the roads, but the engine will start kicking and all the rest. But wait till the snow stop falling, and the car runs fine again. I know you must think I'm crazy, But its true. Can you help me figuar out what the problem is?
Feb 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Advertisement
Avatar
GMTECH
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 537 POSTS
Sounds very strange. It isn't just traction control kicking in? The best thing to do is have it scanned to see what the code is. You may still be under warranty. it would help to get the code. but I have an idea what you are getting. there is a issue with snow getting inside the air filter box due to damaged air intake lines, improperly seated air boxes, air filters other then motorcraft filters for your vehicle. it gets inside and messes with the maf sensor causing your vehicle to act up. it would help to get the code. but I have an idea what you are getting. there is a issue with snow getting inside the air filter box due to damaged air intake lines, improperly seated air boxes, air filters other then Motorcraft filters for your vehicle. it gets inside and messes with the maf sensor causing your vehicle to act up.
Feb 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Avatar
GARYWAYNELEE
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
Mine is doing the exact same thing!!??? did you figure out what the problem was???
Jan 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.