2006 Volkswagen Polo Recently Had Major Service Done On Car Visting Locally

92,700 MILES
Avatar
ANONYMOUS
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I recently had a major service done on my car. I was visting and it was not done locally.I drove about 540 km with my car and the only problem i could pick up was the timing was slightly out. I then decided to take it to a local dealer to set the timing properly. They cont me during the day and informed me that there was a pirate cambelt on my car fitted and that causes the problem, they asked my permission to fit a new belt and it was done. The following day i recieved a call and was informed that my valves had bend. I was very shocked.Is it possible for a car to drive 450+ with bended valves. It cost me a lot of money and i dont understand how can you still drive with a car in that state. Can it be?
Nov 20, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Avatar
EXOVCDS
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 1,883 POSTS
Your question was already answered... if you "felt" that the timing was out, that could have been a bent valve (loss of power).

Thomas

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle