2006 Volkswagen Polo engine problem

207,000 MILES
Avatar
NBFSIBANDE
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
my car struggles to start once it has stop for a period of more three hours. When its going its perfomance is very poor, it even fail at all to reach 140 km/h no matter how good the road can be while eating a lot of petrol (abnormally). Once it has travel more than 100km it turns itself off from robot to robot. Please help me, i am frastrated
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Avatar
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 110,244 POSTS
I have to be honest, I am not too familiar with this specific model. I don't think they sell them in the US. However, I will try my best to help.

When the car dies, does it start right back up? Have you checked fuel pump pressure to make sure it is within the manufacturer's specs? If it is weak, it can cause stalling and a hard start condition.

Let me know.
Oct 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle