2006 Cadillac Escalade stalled engine

120,000 MILES • 5.4L • V8 • 4WD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
MJMAC
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
drove in high water and engine stalled. starter making weird grinding noise. what steps do I take to solve this problem? I think I need to change oil first thing in case water got into oil pan. Do you think I have ruined the engine? water level was at the bottom of tail pipe and was towed out fairly quickly, 15 min.
Dec 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Avatar
HMAC300
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 48,601 POSTS
you can do what you said about he oil an dfilter but try starter a day or so and if works out ok then you are allright if not and it continues to make the funny noise replace it. and keep out of deep water....
Dec 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle