Air conditioning not working on mazda 6

70,000 MILES
Avatar
BARRY MORSE
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
I have MAZDA 6 diesel.The airconditionig stopped working.I have regassed system and the compressor is working clutch engaging,It still wont cool the gas pressure goes down when i turn on air con then goes back up when I switch it off,Also the high side tube gets very warm after running air con for a while.What am I missing?
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Avatar
HMAC300
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 48,601 POSTS
you need to have a pro put a set o fgauges on this, you may have a freeze up , compressor clutch to far apart. If you added freon it leaked out someplace so has probably got moisturein system and freezing up. the leak will need to be forund, drier replaced, evacuated and recharged at the least. a Pro should really look at this system.
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Avatar
BARRY MORSE
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
Thank you will take to the local garage
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle