Should I replace timing belt for my 7-yr. 73K Civic?

73,000 MILES
Avatar
TSINGHUA
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I have a 2004 Civic, so it's over 7 years now. I put ~10K per year, so it has 73000 mileage now. Maintenance schedule says timing belt should be replaced at 110K or 7 year whichever comes first. My question is: since my car's mileage is far from 110K, do I need to replace timing belt now? What about water pump?
Feb 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Avatar
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 110,244 POSTS
Yes, if it says 7 years or 110K, you have met the 7 year requirement and it should be replaced.
Feb 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle