My check engine light came on after I had the ari filter changed. Shouldn't it reset?

2003 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
118,095 MILES
Avatar
CGREEN544
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I had the air filter changed on my toyota and the mechanics forgot to reconnect the hose from the filter. After a couple of days the check engine light came on. I reconnected the hose but the light still has not gone off. This happened once before and I took it to the dealer and all they did was reconnect the hose. Is there something else that needs to be done?
Jul 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Advertisement
Avatar
KHLOW2008
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 41,814 POSTS
Get a scan done to retrieve the trouble code and post them here.
Jul 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.