2003 hyundai elantra front stud

2003 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
10,300 MILES • 4 CYL • FWD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
ESTHER44
  • MEMBER
  • 4 POSTS
2003 Hyundai Elantra front stud broke off, what do I need to remove to put the new one in. In past cars I'v always just been able to punch them thru then push the new one into place. Please walk me thru this one I'm confused. there is no where for the stud to come out so no where for me to put the new one in, if I could get it out, the studs seem to be sealed. am I missing something?
Jun 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Advertisement
Avatar
DOCFIXIT
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 18,828 POSTS
Need to remove hub from knuckle will need special tool see diagrams
Jun 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Avatar
ESTHER44
  • MEMBER
  • 4 POSTS
I'v removed the brakes,got the pin out, got the castle nut off, washer off, now how do I get the brake disc off the hub? rented a puller that you attach to the studs, that doesn't help.
Jun 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Avatar
ESTHER44
  • MEMBER
  • 4 POSTS
removed the brakes, got the pin out, got the castle nut off, washer out, now how do I get the brake disc off the hub? rented the puller thing that you attach to the studs, didn't do a thing, the disc will not come off. now what do I do?
Jun 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Avatar
DOCFIXIT
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 18,828 POSTS
Need to remove knuckle fron ball joint and strut. remove snap ring and press hub out
Jun 6, 2011 at 6:21 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.