2001 Honda Accord check engine light P0420 code

2001 HONDA ACCORD
150,000 MILES • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
GENERIC_USER
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
I have a 2001 Honda Accord that has had the check engine light come on about 5 times in the past few months. First it was the temperature gauge (so I replaced it), then it was the 02 sensor (had it replaced) now I am getting a P0420 code. I am getting full maintenance done in about a week and decided to have the guy clear the code and get it fixed when I'm home. The check engine light popped back up again today. Should I be concerned or can I wait another week?
Feb 27, 2015 at 1:23 AM
Advertisement
Avatar
HMAC300
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 48,601 POSTS
o420 code is either a O2 sensor, air leak or a bad converter. a pro will h ave to check the voltages to see what it is. You can wait another week if you like the check engine light will come back on so don't bother having it removed.
Feb 27, 2015 at 1:28 AM
Avatar
GENERIC_USER
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
Awesome! So I have no reason to be concerned to dive on it for another few days? Thank you!
Feb 27, 2015 at 1:30 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.