dipstick tube

2001 FORD F-150
100,100 MILES • V8 • 2WD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
HOCKEYNUT227
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
Thanx Medic, I used a grinder to make a 1" x1/2" cut in the mtr.mt. bracket. It gives me plenty of room to get the tip in correctly and then it went in pretty easly. Thanks again , Ed
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Advertisement
Avatar
CJ MEDEVAC
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 11,004 POSTS
HN.......I didn't even tell you anything to do!

I was sorta not seeing "what was in the way"

I was gonna recommend tapering the end with a grinder, then throwing it in the freezer to "contract", after we resolved the "in the way" issue.

The new one musta had a different bend, or it was installed before the motor mounts.

If you use us again, we get notified, as you do on Email, so stick with your original post, I sorta lucked into finding you this time. When you answer at your post, your question jumps to the top of the Ford forum.

Glad you gotter done!

The Medic
Jul 18, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.