gas consumes

2000 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
130,000 MILES • 6 CYL • AWD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
My Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L 2000 consumes 22 liters per 100 km is normal?
Jul 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Advertisement
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
I want to say that I drive slowly and carefully (Not the heavy foot)
Jul 31, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Avatar
WRENCHTECH
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 20,761 POSTS
That's a little over 10 MPG which is a bit low. Make sure the engine is tuned and has no issues and the tires are inflated properly. Also make sure you are not carrying any unnecessary weight.
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
How I can Tuned the engine ?
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Avatar
WRENCHTECH
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 20,761 POSTS
By have a competent technician check it out for you to see if it has any problems.
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
ok but I what I could do as a review before seeing a specialist?
Jul 31, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Avatar
JESHEARER
  • MEMBER
  • 9 POSTS
my 2000 gets 11mpg, due in part to the new ethonal standards. maybe giving it a tune up and checking tire presure, alighnment will help? and high miles effects fuel economy also.
Jul 31, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
It is perfectly aligned, I'll check the tire pressure but I doubt that will be his. And your 2000 still has the same gas mileage?
Jul 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Avatar
JESHEARER
  • MEMBER
  • 9 POSTS
yes the mpg has gotten worse as of the past few weeks but i'm having compression issues, and the map sensor may be bad.
Jul 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Avatar
MAXPOWER007
  • MEMBER
  • 6 POSTS
You give me news if you manage to reduce your fuel consumption
Aug 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.