1999 Honda Civic Ex Vtec D16y8 5 Speed Manual Transmission Power Climb

135,000 MILES
Avatar
ANONYMOUS
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
honda ex vtec D16Y8 5 speed manual transmission. I have no power when I need to power to climb any type of incline .I changed the timing belt also the fuel filter. Not blowing any smoke the compression is fine. but when I need any type of acceleration on an incline the speedometer and rpm go down I have to downshift to 2nd gear. The mpg also went down What could be wrong ? Thanks for any help
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Avatar
KHLOW2008
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 41,814 POSTS
Did this occur before or after replacement of timing belt?
Was the exhaust system checked for clogging?
Was fuel pressure checked?
Is throttle opening fully when pedal is depressed? (Ensure floor mat is not restricting accelerator movement and cable does not have too much slack.)
Jan 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add a reply
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.

Frequently Asked Problems for This Vehicle