1999 Ford Exepedition

1999 FORD EXPEDITION
141,000 MILES
Avatar
ADDYJA
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
To whom it may concern:
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition, I have lost my chip out of my key and I went and had a copy of a new key with a chip in it at Hailey's Lock Smith. Is there any way I can program it by myself or by-pass it? I am just an ordinary poor man with 6 kids so I need to go the cheapest way and the easiest way possible. I would really appreciate your time and knowledge.
Thank you and sincerely,
Joe Addy
Mar 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Advertisement
Avatar
WRENCHTECH
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 20,761 POSTS
It wouldn't be much of a security system if it was that easy to defeat. This has to be programmed using a factory scan tool so the answer is no, there is nothing you can do yourself to make it run.
Mar 18, 2011 at 5:12 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.