1994 Chevrolet Silverado Transmission

1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
150,000 MILES • 5.7L • V8 • 4WD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
PAULDEAN77
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
I have a leak in the coolant lines. I just put a used motor and used transmission in my z71 and I pulled a spark plug wire off of 1 cause it wouldn't start and I seen a drip of transmission fluid on the tip of the plug. Just wondering if the transmission fluid is getting into the motor somehow.
Oct 7, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Advertisement
Avatar
HMAC300
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 48,601 POSTS
no it' s probably motor oil drive it and see if it cleans up if not then check for a bad valve seal or head gasket.
Oct 7, 2015 at 5:37 AM
Avatar
PAULDEAN77
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
Another question. I have a coolant leak near the back of the motor. It's not heater hoes or connector what else could it be?
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM
Avatar
HMAC300
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 48,601 POSTS
if it is running down the block behind the distributor it's either the intake manifold gasket or head gasket. get it pressure checked It may be a freeze plug but I kind of think not. I don't remember if they have any in the head or not.
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.