1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Doesn T Start Sits More Than Day Two Take Off

1977 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS
Avatar
ANONYMOUS
  • MEMBER
  • 1 POST
My 1977 Cutlass Supreme doesn't start if it sits for more than a day or two. To start it, I have to take off the air cleaner and put some gas in the carburetor. I have had the carburetor rebuilt, but this was happening before I did that and is still happening after. Once I do get the car started by putting gas in the carburetor it usually starts for the rest of the day.

Thanks
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Advertisement
Avatar
DOCFIXIT
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 18,828 POSTS
That was a problem back in thoes days solution GM came up with is a small spring check valve that will not let gas siphon bak into fuel line
Feb 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.