90 GMC Searria

1990 GMC TRUCK
199,800 MILES • V8 • 4WD • AUTOMATIC
Avatar
TKDMILLER
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
My truck shaking while idling seems to loose power?
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Advertisement
Avatar
RASMATAZ
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 75,992 POSTS
Do you have a check engine light? Don't recall last tune -up start here and see what happens
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Avatar
TKDMILLER
  • MEMBER
  • 2 POSTS
I just had the spark plugs replaced, new spark plug wires, new fuel pump. I had this issue before I had all this done. Thought that fixed it. The shaking comes and goes. When I rev it up it seems to go away. It happens when I come to a stop and is slow to take off but runs fine once I get it going. Could it be the transmission?
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Avatar
RASMATAZ
  • ✓Experienced Mechanic
  • 75,992 POSTS
Check and test the throttle position and manifold absolute pressure sensors-also the EGR valve
Dec 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Join 2CarPros for free, one of the most advanced car repair communities on the internet. From first-time drivers to seasoned mechanics, everyone is welcome to reply, share details, and get better answers. You can add a temporary image or video first; uploads are limited to 20 MB.
Ask a Free Question
Repair Safety Notice: This information is for general instructional purposes only. Vehicle repair can be dangerous. Verify all information, follow manufacturer service procedures, use proper tools and safety equipment, and consult a qualified repair shop when needed.